POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : An End? : Re: An End? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 01:54:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An End?
From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 11 Mar 2013 05:48:07
Message: <513da857@news.povray.org>
>Trevor G Quayle  on date 10/03/2013 15.26 wrote:
> Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
[...]
> I am a fan of challenges such as these for several reasons:
> - it helps stir creativity
> - it helps with development of POV skills and concepts: the CGSphere has lent
> well to CSG modelling, while 3DRender has helped me develop some lighting and
> texturing ideas
> - it pits POV against some of the big boys (in some cases I would modestly say
> it does better!)
[...]
I'm only a basic user, but I agree with Trevor, pov-contests (I also
remember scc) are a way to improve own POV skills. And they are anyway a
POV-Ray showcase: I met the very first time POV-Ray on IRTC web site
after a google search for 3D code generated images.
My major problem is the lack of time... I'm plenty of works in progress
for IRTC and (later) for TC-RTC, but I'm not enough fast to complete the
work in 2 months.

Opinions. Mmm.

Contests without topic?
4 or 6 months deadline?