POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway : Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway Server Time
19 Apr 2024 04:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC_RTC July/August 2012 Challenge: Railway
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 13 Jul 2012 08:28:04
Message: <50001454$1@news.povray.org>
On 12-7-2012 23:19, Stephen wrote:
> On 12/07/2012 9:35 PM, jhu wrote:
>> Why not make just make tina chep the new irtc.org?
>>

> When TC-RTC was started it was meant as a temporary stand in for the
> IRTC. But it has never grabbed the attention of the ray tracing
> community. If you can think of anything that would help promote it.
> Thomas and I would welcome any suggestions.
> And just to make it clear, TC-RTC is not associated with Pov-Ray in any
> way other than the administrators are long time users of Pov-Ray. In
> fact the rules were changed to allow any renderer to be used as one of
> the early members built and uses his own system.
> It is not just a matter of changing its name. As always there is more to
> the story.
> What we need is for lots of people to enter and lots of people to vote
> for the entries.

> have a forum as well.
> Everyone is welcome.

And there is more I think. When the IRTC restarted, TC-RTC suffered a
bit from people turning back to the old familiar grounds, but it seems
that the real interest in these kind of competitions/challenges has
dwindled as the IRTC too suffered in the end from a lack of uploads,
especially compared to the heydays of the competition. And many of the
strong artists from those days have disappeared over the last five to
ten years. Other interests? Other challenges?

Thomas