POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : Lightmapping tool : Re: Lightmapping tool Server Time
20 Apr 2024 10:36:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lightmapping tool
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 25 Jun 2012 13:09:53
Message: <4fe89b61$1@news.povray.org>
On 24/06/12 18:19, C.Rivlaldo wrote:
> Your Java tool is very cool! Thank you for it!

   Thanks to you: you're my first known user! Also thanks for serving as
a reminder of my pending tasks on this... I really have it all ready to
be published on the web site, but I was being very lazy.

> But when I'm rendering lightmaps, they are black.

   Fortunately, tough I'm a bit rusty on my baking technique (I tend to
forgot very quickly), I figured it out surprisingly soon: the normals on
you meshes are inverted from what my tool expects... but you're lucky:
just reverse the normals on the baking cameras and that's it:

  location <0,0,-.01>
  direction <0,0,1>

   The problem was that the baking process was shooting from the other
side of the meshes, so the lightmaps came out black, and so the baked
render was black too.

   Regards,

--
Jaime