POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Graphic design : Re: Graphic design Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:36:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Graphic design
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 1 Dec 2011 17:11:41
Message: <4ed7fb9d$1@news.povray.org>
>> Oh, hey, I'm sure somebody at ILM could do it.
>
> Kevin Wampler who just provided an example below does not work at ILM,
> nor do I. It's not the case of being a notable expert, just following
> the steps for a technique. Careful selection of borders you want is
> simple enough since the selection tool allows to do it point by point.
>
> The point is: instead of calling it impossible just to look like a
> dumbass, try to use the software for a while to get the hang of it.

The point is: I said it's not possible for a piece of software to
magically tile any possible image seemlessly. If you're saying that a
piece of software with an expert to work it can sometimes do a good job,
that's a different statement. I can see how that might be quite
possible. (Though it still sounds pretty difficult...)

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/