POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Got Boost and VC10 "ambiguous shared_ptr"?...heres why : Re: Got Boost and VC10 "ambiguous shared_ptr"?...heres why Server Time
24 Apr 2024 04:41:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Got Boost and VC10 "ambiguous shared_ptr"?...heres why
From: Warp
Date: 22 Oct 2011 04:52:16
Message: <4ea28440@news.povray.org>
> Well, if you read the thread, you will find that it dates to 12/28/2009
> 11:01:38 PM and the answer dates back to 1/5/2010 at 12:28 PM. If you use
> the current boost, it shouldn't be a problem. A year and a half ago it was a
> problem because boost was behaving as designed, while the library in VC 2010
> was not. The current boost is C++11 compatible (even though the standard is
> just a few weeks old) and you can disable the C++11 features that were
> originally provided by boost.

  I don't see how the age of that thread has anything to do with the
correctness of your answer.

  If you write "using namespace", especially if you write two of them,
and then use unqualified names, you are consciously risking name collisions.
That was true in 2009 and it's still true today. The language hasn't
magically changed to avoid this.

  Calling the usage of fully qualified names to avoid ambiguous name
references a "kludge", while advocating things like disabling support for
a C++ standard, is exactly backwards.

--
                                                          - Warp