POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Another reason to hate Windows 7 : Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:06:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another reason to hate Windows 7
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Sep 2011 07:18:20
Message: <4e83027c$1@news.povray.org>
On 28-9-2011 12:05, Stephen wrote:
>> On 27-9-2011 23:10, Stephen wrote:
>
>>> Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings
>>>

>> Hey! thanks Stephen! I had not (yet) found that option either! I have
>> selected High Performance now.
>>

> An essential setting for all Povers IMO.

Absolutely. I had not looked at the power utility yet because I believed
it was not essential when on a PC. How wrong I was :-)

I should do something to my Windows 7 Curiosity Setting: Very Low; Low;
Average (default); High, Very High.

Mine was set at Low apparently... ;-)

>> By the way: Personally, I like Windows 7 quite a lot...
>>

> So do I. It is a bit resource hungry but my current machine has the
> resources. I actually saw the memory usage go higher than 5.5 Gigs today
> while I was experimenting with Poser hair.

Yes, that can be expected. Best to have enough resources.

Thomas