POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The other OS : Re: The other OS Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:38:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The other OS
From: Warp
Date: 4 Aug 2011 15:38:19
Message: <4e3af52b@news.povray.org>

> >> Why the hell would I do that?
> >
> >    Ah, the magic words. The always trusty answer when you can't do something.
> >
> >    A simple "no" would have sufficed, you know.

> Can I run it removely? Yes.

> Can I run it remotely using 40-year old technology? No.

> Would I want to? No.

  You asked why emacs is considered so powerful. I answered why. Take into
account its historical *context*. The development of emacs first started
in the 70's.

  Time for an analogy: Someone asks why katanas are considered so cool,
and then objects that guns can be used for the same purpose. Context, boy,
context.

--
                                                          - Warp