POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 : Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3 Server Time
18 Apr 2024 14:06:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC PovRay 0, Other 3
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jul 2011 02:56:27
Message: <4e22879b$1@news.povray.org>
On 16-7-2011 21:10, Christian Froeschlin wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> I'm just wondering if it is worth keeping it going.
>
> I think it is, and I have now finally registered even
> though I will likely not enter this round. Thank you for
> your efforts in keeping this up.

Thank you :-)

>> if you have any ideas please let us know.
>
> The marketing could be improved ... for those that
> haven't yet been actively involved with TC-RTC its easy
> to forget its even there. I would suggest posting each
> new topic announcement here (including a direct link
> to the images from the current round, that should then
> be in voting phase if I understand the timing).

Yes, you are right. We wrongly assume - or so do I - that this community
knows about the TC-RTC. Of course this is not true and you are right to
point that out. I have taken the habit of sending out a newsletter to
members when voting and a new topic is announced. I shall do that here
too in the future.

> This will help attract people in two ways:
>
> 1. If someone reacts positively to the topic he may join

Indeed.

> 2. Most people reading this group will be interested to
> have at least a quick look at the final renders of a
> 3d render challenge and will visit, possibly vote.

Yes.

> Even though the name of this newsgroup is irtc I think
> such posts would not be off-topic since you are basically
> the only working IRTC analogue at the moment.

Yes, I think that would be ok. There is no direct need to start a
separate newsgroup as far as I can see.

<grin> or offensive ("hey you dudes! Move your fat @$$!")  ;-)

> Furthermore, the jumble of items on the main TC-RTC page
> ("Home") could be cleaned up a bit so as to not put off
> passers-by (no offence intended). I'm not a web designer
> but feel free to contact me for some suggestions ;)

Oh yes. I totally agree. Some time ago, Colin (the webmaster) asked
Stephen and me about ways to improve the site. I sent him a list of
suggestions, especially about the homepage which is certainly a jumble.
Nothing has been done yet, but I shall ask him about it. Thanks for
reminding us.

Thomas