POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Ossified : Re: Ossified Server Time
26 Sep 2024 23:37:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ossified
From: Darren New
Date: 15 Jul 2011 13:35:20
Message: <4e207a58@news.povray.org>
On 7/15/2011 3:11, Warp wrote:
>    Now, how is using a person's bones to decorate a church any less sick?

I'd say because it's a church. There's an actual firm belief you're
somewhere else. And the monks dedicated their lives to the church.

I think it's hard to be disrespectful if the dead person wanted you to do
that. Is it more or less disrespectful than donating your organs for
transplants?  The monks knew it would happen, probably asked for it,
possibly even indicated what part of the church they wanted to be decorating
for the rest of eternity. :-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
   "Coding without comments is like