POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Cannot open include file from context menu : Re: Cannot open include file from context menu Server Time
23 Apr 2024 07:52:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cannot open include file from context menu
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 10 Jul 2011 15:21:37
Message: <4e19fbc1$1@news.povray.org>
Cousin Ricky wrote:

> When you right-click on an #include, it opens a pop-up menu that has (among
> other options) a command to open the include file.  I find that this works with
> the standard include files, but when I do it with an include file that I've
> written myself, it responds, "Could not locate file."

Things I would check to narrow this down:

1. Do all of your own include directories fail or only some?
2. If you copy one of your include files into a standard directory
    (v3.6\include or v3.7\include), will it be loaded from there?
3. If you create a new directory in a public location (e.g. c:\test)
    and add this to the library path, will it work?
4. If not, does it help to remove the other library path entries
    from the ini file (including, FWIW, the commented one).
5. Does it make a difference running as Administrator?
6. Does it make a difference to disable script i/o restrictions?
7. Are the capitalizations correct (shouldn't matter on Windows
    but you never know which piece of code chokes on it).