POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Bravo : Re: Bravo Server Time
23 Apr 2024 23:57:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bravo
From: Stephen
Date: 3 Mar 2011 13:53:19
Message: <4d6fe39f$1@news.povray.org>
On 03/03/2011 5:45 PM, Trevor G Quayle wrote:
> Fabien<fab### [at] gmailcom>  wrote:
>
>> The "new" IRTC literally sucked, quality-wise, (the images,
>> not the site), compared to what was produced some years
>> ago.
>
> While you may have some points worth arguing regarding maintaining of the IRTC
> site, I think it's a bit harsh to lay such criticism on the images in the newer
> contest site (I assume you refer to the TINA CheP).

I read it that Fabien was referring to the new IRTC site.
But since you mention TC-RTC may I say that it was set up as a temporary
stand in for the stalled IRTC by the late Steve Paget. It is a
commercial site now maintained by Thomas de Groot and myself. This costs
money and it is for the benefit of our community.
Lately there has been a drop off in the number of entries which IMO is a
shame. But maybe if we can rally round it will be an outlet for our

closes on the 15th of April.
If anyone has any ideas for the topics or any other constructive ideas
the will be welcomed.

> The people working on the
> images generally have worked hard at learning the program [POVRAy] and using it,
> whether or not their images can be classed to a 'high-quality' standard.
> Perhaps some of the preious entrants that had developed great expertise in
> POV-Ray have been absent (for whatever their reasons), but that is no reason to
> casually sling such unconstructive, anbased and blanket criticism at those who
> have participated.  They are there to learn the craft and present what they have
> done, and perhaps learn something from it.  That has been (generally) the whole
> spirit of POV-Ray and the community since it's inception (I have been using and
> present here intermittently since 1994, there others that are even longer).  The
> spirit is for everyone to learn and contribute, through praise encouragement and
> constructive criticism of what they have achieved so far.  This is one of the
> best and consistent communities I have ever run across.

Well said.

--
Regards
     Stephen