POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for assistance with documentation : Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays Server Time
19 Apr 2024 17:52:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays
From: Warp
Date: 20 Jan 2011 10:46:07
Message: <4d3858bf@news.povray.org>
In povray.general Jaap Frank <jjf### [at] casemanl> wrote:
> If you know it is possible to put arrays inside arrays, then you can read it
> between the lines, but it's not explicitly mentioned.

  Since basically anything that can be #declared can also be put into an
array, it would be very strange if arrays made an odd exception to this
generic rule.

  If it has to be specified explicitly, I don't think it deserves more
than a single sentence in the documentation (something along the lines
of "you can create a multidimensional array by making an array of arrays").

--
                                                          - Warp