POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Request for assistance with documentation : Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays Server Time
23 Apr 2024 21:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Proposal to expand the documentation about Arrays
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 20 Jan 2011 08:40:49
Message: <4d383b61$1@news.povray.org>
On 01/20/2011 09:23 AM, Jaap Frank wrote:
> This piece of added text is a proposal to add to the documentation,
> because this is possible with arrays.
> The documentation gives no hint for this advanced use of arrays.
> I know that very few users of POVRay are aware of it.
> It can be added as point 3.2.1.8.3 Advanced use of Arrays.
> Because English is not my native language it may be wise that someone
> checks this text and then put it it in the documentation as proposal. I
> don't know how to do that.

At:
http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Reference_Section_2.3#Declaring_Arrays

the syntax diagram DOES mention the capability but there is little to no
expansion on this concept. Is that what you're getting at? I'm not 1000%
sure that the documentation is the correct place, but hey I might be
persuaded to bow to the majority opinion ... maybe a KB "How To" article
on the wiki might be a better choice