POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.news-submissions : animation about the Penrose tessellation realized with PovRay : Re: animation about the Penrose tessellation realized with PovRay Server Time
24 Apr 2024 09:40:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation about the Penrose tessellation realized with PovRay
From: Stephen
Date: 25 Aug 2010 12:53:40
Message: <4c754a94@news.povray.org>
On 25/08/2010 4:55 PM, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
> Stephen<mca### [at] aolDOTcom>  wrote:
>> On 25/08/2010 12:12 AM, Maurizio Paolini wrote:
>>>    From the home page"http://penrose.dmf.unicatt.it/"
>>
>> An excellent animation, very impressive in the subject matter and the
>> use of PovRay. I particularly enjoyed your choice of background music
>> and sound effects (also when you chose not to use them).
>
> For the sound effects I used "www.findsounds.com"; you need a little
> imagination: e.g. the sound when we impose the adjacency constraints is
> an "uncorking" sound.

You kept it simple which is a good thing and the sound effects were
evocative of what was happening on the screen.

> There are not many sounds, the major reason is laziness...

No, restraint. ;-)

> The background music was originally the "Variations on a rococo team"
> by Chaikovsky,

I recognised Tchaikovsky but could not place the actual piece. :-D

we changed to "Ambient Symphony" by "zero-project" in
> order to avoid license problems.  Some pieces where slightly adapted
> (with audacity) to the needs of the animation.

Well done it fitted in very well.

>> How long did the project take?
>
> Roghly one year and a half, not full time, but it required
> *a lot* of time in any case.

Jos Leys and the 'Dimensions' team. http://www.dimensions-math.org/ Also
rendered by PovRay.

have a mathematical subject is quite impressive too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=DE&hl=de&v=sgXLq4tI7W0

> Thank you for your interest.

No, Thank you for posting the link.

--