POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! : Re: A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
20 Apr 2024 12:37:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A bunch of feature requests!
From: stbenge
Date: 19 Jun 2010 21:11:48
Message: <4c1d6ad4@news.povray.org>
> SharkD wrote:
> Subdivision support

There was a great unofficial version... POV-Sub... which did this. As I
recall, it was very fast. I would still be using it today, but 3.7b does
more, and runs on more cores. One cool thing about that particular
enhancement was that you could perform smoothing on any custom mesh
without having to puzzle out what normal vector a particular point
needed. It did this even without actually needing to subdivide a mesh.

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~xwu/Pov-Sub/