POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Sculptris : Re: Sculptris Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:15:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sculptris
From: stbenge
Date: 18 Mar 2010 18:29:49
Message: <4ba2a95d$1@news.povray.org>
mone wrote:
> stbenge <UN### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>> Here's the link:
>> http://www.drpetter.se/project_sculpt.html
>
> Thanks for the link!

Sure! It pays to visit the Blender Artists Forums occasionally ;)

> I just tried it for half an hour or so and it seems very inuitive and promising.
> Sort of like the Blender sculpt feature but maybe better. I especially like that
> feature that everything is done symmetrical(which could also be switched off I
> think).
> I guess Blender can do this too but I hadn't have the energy to search all the
> menus ... .

You can go into sculpt mode and then either:
1) Press 'n' to bring up the pop-up menu, go to Symmetry and press X, Y
or Z.
2) Go the the Editing field (F9), go to the Sculpt tab, go to Symmetry
and press X, Y or Z.

> I'm planning to model some classic alien creature with sculptris and see how far
> I'll come ...

Good luck Simone!

Sam