POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray : Re: How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray Server Time
25 Apr 2024 06:57:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to export moray scene to povray so it is editable in povray
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Feb 2010 03:06:37
Message: <4b7e468d$1@news.povray.org>
"BillF" <h_h### [at] verizonnet> schreef in bericht
>I wonder? is it possible to export a moray scene file directly to povray so
>that
> I can edit the small nuances (increasing the ior, for example) in povray?
> Also
> would help in developing better scenes, since moray has limited
> capabilities in
> this area

Except for the DirectCode plugin, no. Moray is indeed in need of a serious
overhaul, but that will take a while I guess and not before POV-Ray version
3.7 is released. Personally, I often use Moray as a building start of more
complex scenes which I later continue to develop directly in POV-Ray,
sometimes adding Moray elements by cut and glue processes. Cumbersome, but
it works. For most of my scenes however, I use mesh modellers nowadays and
Moray is mostly on the backburner gathering dust. Still, I am fond of that
application which really made me familiar with POV-Ray thirteen years ago.

Thomas