POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : SharpConstruct with Windows & gtk+--installation problem : Re: SharpConstruct with Windows & gtk+--installation problem Server Time
18 Apr 2024 00:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SharpConstruct with Windows & gtk+--installation problem
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 2 Jan 2010 14:48:46
Message: <4b3fa31e$1@news.povray.org>

> Right now, I'm stuck...I don't know whether the problem is in
> SharpConstruct or due to an incorrect version of gtk+.  Can anyone
> recommend the *specific* gtk+ or gtk+2 package that's needed, or tell me
> what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!!

   I think the program is not recognizing that your GTK version is newer than
2.8 (2.18 IS newer than 2.8). Considering SharpConstruct seems to have
stopped development on 2006, and that 2.8 was indeed released that year, I
think that's the case.

   One solution will be to install the obsolete 2.8 version from here:

   http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/files/Obsolete/

   But perhaps you can try the Sculptor on Blender, wich seems to be the same
as SharpConstruct and more, and it's developed by the same author:

   http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83310

   Hope this helps...

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres