POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list : Re: Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list Server Time
25 Apr 2024 10:58:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Future implementations of Poseray. A wish list
From: clipka
Date: 18 Oct 2009 12:23:48
Message: <4adb4114@news.povray.org>
FlyerX schrieb:
> Thomas de Groot wrote:
>> I have made a small list of features I would like to see implemented
>> in a future version of Poseray. These features are derived from cases
>> met in the use of Poseray, in combination with Poser and/or external
>> modellers.
>>

>> 1 Naming a POV-Ray export of merged meshes

I would like to add to this request:

 From what I see, the output file names are generated from the input
file names as well, and therefore do depend on the oder in which meshes
are added to the merger.

Another thing:

For me, it would often be desirable to export geometry only, and keep
the material export "unharmed", so I can change the pose of a figure
without having to re-do all the changes to the materials again. (I
prefer to edit them after export.)