POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? : Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:10:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene?
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 15 Oct 2009 16:31:59
Message: <4ad786bf$1@news.povray.org>
stbenge wrote:

> I started developing a simple real-time game with POV yesterday.

Umm ... what's your definition of real-time here? ;)

> receiving errors possibly related to my text file not being fully
> written before POV can read the vector :(

How do you start the render and wait for it to finish?

Maybe you could try calling fflush() after writing the data.

> Is there another way to pass custom key presses to a POV scene

Sure, you can pass a define via command line:

   pvengine +whatever ... maze.pov Declare=Arrow=2

Then the scene would have a variable "Arrow" defined with value 2.