POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Next Generation SDL, once again : Next Generation SDL, once again Server Time
18 Apr 2024 21:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  Next Generation SDL, once again
From: clipka
Date: 15 Oct 2009 07:35:08
Message: <4ad708ec$1@news.povray.org>
I'm just reading an article about the Scala programming language - from
my first impression it has some traits that might make it an interesting
candidate for a next generation SDL for POV-Ray.

The language is based on a Virtual Machine (the Java VM, to be precise),
and appears to support both object-oriented and functional paradigms.

Just a quick thought thogh; I'll have a closer look at it soon.