POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? : Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:53:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Passing custom key presses to a POV scene?
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Oct 2009 22:16:28
Message: <4ad685fc$1@news.povray.org>
William Pokorny wrote:
> Hi Sam,
> A very cool idea!

Yeah, I hope it works out! As processors become faster, more complex
raytraced games could be made, maybe with a patched Version of POV...

> I know of no way aside from hacking the POVRay source to support something like
> this directly. But, for what you are trying to do, perhaps the quick thing would
> be writing to another file and then replace the one being read with a system
> 'mv' command or similar. It should be the case that only complete files would be
> available to POVRay for read that way.
> Regards, Bill

I will investigate this. Not sure how to go about it, since my
programming skills are few. But I'll google "'mv' 'system command'
windows" or some such.

Thanks for answering!

Sam