POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? : Passing custom key presses to a POV scene? Server Time
20 Apr 2024 09:42:54 EDT (-0400)
  Passing custom key presses to a POV scene?
From: stbenge
Date: 14 Oct 2009 17:20:28
Message: <4ad6409c@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I started developing a simple real-time game with POV yesterday. I wrote
a program in C++ to pass arrow key presses to an .inc file, in the form
of a #declared vector. Everything was going great, I almost finished up
the maze game I was working on. No errors at at all. But today I started
receiving errors possibly related to my text file not being fully
written before POV can read the vector :(

I don't know why errors would suddenly start cropping up today. Maybe I
just got lucky yesterday...

Is there another way to pass custom key presses to a POV scene
on-the-fly? Possibly as a .dll GUI extension? Or maybe a way to ensure
that POV doesn't read the #include before it's finished being written?
I'm not even sure if that's the problem :/

Sam