POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 05:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 12 Oct 2009 19:21:08
Message: <4ad3b9e4$1@news.povray.org>
"Darren New" <dne### [at] sanrrcom> a écrit dans le message de
> It's probably a card that looks like a credit card to the routing network,
> but which the bank treats as withdraws.

If it's in the Netherlands like in France, people call them credit cards but
the official term is indeed debit card, and that's what most people have
here: true credit cards are almost unheard of. During the financial crisis,
I kept reading about Americans juggling with credit cards and getting into
debt, which was very confusing to me: with my "credit card" I just can't
withdraw more money than I have in my account. It took a short trip to
Wikipedia to understand what was going on, but it was funny to discover that
this "little" difference leads to different lifestyles, money-wise.

G.