POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 07:21:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Darren New
Date: 12 Oct 2009 16:15:05
Message: <4ad38e49$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> That is what we found out.

We *do* have banks that *do* all those money changes. It's just not every
bank carrying around wads of foreign currency that nobody is likely to ask
for soon. Of course pretty much anywhere can give you canadian money or
mexican money.

>> Sure. We don't trust our government.
> I know, weird concept if you ask me. ;)

Damn. Would *you* trust our government?  :-)

Seriously, the whole govenment is set up on the prinicple that the
government can't be trusted, even by the people who set it up.

> Children do have bank accounts.

Huh, OK.

>> That's rather different, yes. Our banks aren't quite as customer-focused.
>
> And as you wouldn't trust a bank anyway...

I didn't say *I* don't trust them.  It's more mistrust from people who have
been robbed by their banks. Maybe the USA will get there pretty soon, but
it's mostly "hispanic" ethnicities that I have heard distrust banks. (That
being folks from central america who speak spanish as their main language.)

You can imagine that if you grew up in a country where feudalism was
rampant, you too might not trust the local government to hold onto your
money for you.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)