POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Chambers
Date: 10 Oct 2009 00:15:18
Message: <4ad00a56$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Seriously, who uses cheques anymore?

Businesses.  We've got customers that regularly (ie multiple times a
week) deposit several hundred checks at once.

Of course, the same scanner that we use behind teller row is available
to our merchant customers to use at their stores.  Want to write a check
at a grocery store?  When the clerk scans the check, they're actually
clearing the d*** thing right then and there.

It's saving us a ton of work, because we don't have to process as many
large deposits.  It also saves our merchant customers a ton of work,
because they don't have to put together a bank deposit & make the trip
to drop off the checks.

...Chambers