POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:25:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Oct 2009 12:04:16
Message: <4acf5f00$1@news.povray.org>
I *do* think it's cool how advanced the motion capture is getting. They now
have a system where the daub UV paint on your face with a sponge, leaving
you all speckled. Then they film you, with white lights and UV lights
alternating in a flicker, and a camera synched to each set of lights. Then
the animators can look at your face in time with your voice and all, and the
computers can analyze every movement down to pursed lips and blinking eyelids.

It's like right out of Diamond Age.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)