POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Chambers
Date: 8 Oct 2009 21:35:29
Message: <4ace9361$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Well, we're talking about a check handed to a mobile car mechanic. I
> don't know about you, but whenever *I* go into a bank and hand them a
> cheque, they always process it by hand. I doubt a guy who gets 12
> cheques per week is much different.

Maybe it's different on that side of the pond, but these days even if
you hand a teller a check it gets scanned right then & there, and
transmitted electronically within minutes (not immediately, of course;
they're sent in batches to reduce overhead).

Mostly it's the smaller banks & credit unions that process checks by
hand, and even then it's usually the ones that have fewer than 10 branches.

...Chambers