POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? : Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells? Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick ... does the banner under #6 ring any bells?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 8 Oct 2009 07:43:57
Message: <4acdd07d$1@news.povray.org>

4accc7d7$1@news.povray.org...
> Gilles Tran wrote:
>> http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/0741445123
>
> Wow. If he didn't get paid for *that* one, there's some definite bucks he
> could pick up. :-)  A book publisher should definitely know better.

The publisher is a print-on-demand company, aka a vanity press (at least
they seem to be relatively upfront about this). Authors pay 500$ to get
published, do the editing and the design work themselves and sign a
disclaimer saying that they're the sole owner of the copyright (a CYA for
the publisher I suppose). Even if the author asked Jaime for permission, I
doubt that there's any money to be made here.

G.