POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Sep 2009 17:41:51
Message: <4abd391f@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> scott wrote:
>> It just took me about 1 minute to make a simple banana shape in
>> Blender. Blender even gives you a box to start with, so I just rotated
>> the top face a bit, scaled it down and extruded, then repeated 5 or 6
>> times.

bwahaha, I took 2 minutes of my time to do one of my own before seeing
this... :P

> (FWIW, I *always* get Wing3D and Blender confused. But isn't Blender the
> one that's supposedly impossible to learn due to the weird UI?)

Yes, it's so friggin' impossible that I bow in respect for the tortured
souls that use it to produce some of these images:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=84834&d=1253361663
http://www.myline.be/myline/3D/268_1.jpg
http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images/philosophiaandherproblems-byrjt2007.jpg
http://www.blender.org/typo3temp/pics/782b767f1e.jpg
http://www.artofinterpretation.com/images/wc255-autumnsbane-byrjt2007.jpg
http://www.blender.org/typo3temp/pics/d3dd9a6f20.jpg

I don't find it inherently more difficult to learn than emacs, vim or
any modern IDE.

> As far as I could tell, Wings [I think that's the one I tried] doesn't
> even offer this much help...

Start by learning the "box modelling" technique.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9