POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: nemesis
Date: 25 Sep 2009 17:07:37
Message: <4abd3119$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible escreveu:
> The problem is that, fundamentally, it's very hard to manipulate
> straight lines in a way that approximates curves. 10 years ago I used a
> couple of editors that would let you do things like move several points
> at once, or have a "magnet" feature where nearby points were sort of
> "pulled" towards where you're clicking, but the basic problem is that
> it's almost impossible to make anything good out of straight lines.
> (Unless, of course, you're actually *trying* to make something with
> straight lines - in which case it's fairly easy.)
>
> For all the wizzy features of those editors of old, even creating an
> object as trivial as a banana was impossibly difficult. And, for some
> reason, modern editors seem to have drastically fewer tools to help.

oh, please...

http://blenderartists.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=85399&d=1253912116

all I did was start with the standard Blender box, select the top face
and extrude it from various different view points (CTRL+left mouse
button) and scale each new segment accordingly.

I then rendered after adding a subdivision surface modifier up to level
3 in the top image and  without it in the bottom image to show the very
geometric and simple cage that is what I effectively deal with...

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9