POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 07:17:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Sep 2009 12:27:47
Message: <4abcef83$1@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> Care to define what "extrude" means?

Go to blender.org and watch the tutorial. Wings3D does the same thing.

It does exactly what you would think it does, given the name.

> (FWIW, I *always* get Wing3D and Blender confused. But isn't Blender the
> one that's supposedly impossible to learn due to the weird UI?)

Yes. Honestly, tho, it's not that hard. I picked it up with a day or two of
practice, got good enough to actually make a little anthropomorphic monster
type walk along, look around, and wave.  It took a few days to get that far,
but it was the first package where I ever managed such a thing.  I'm not
very good at it an I still managed in a couple of days to make something
work, limited more by my artistic skills than the tool.

> As far as I could tell, Wings [I think that's the one I tried] doesn't
> even offer this much help...

I found Wings much harder than blender, but I never went back and tried it
again. I think it has all the same operations as Blender at the basic level,
so I don't know why I found it so hard.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)