POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Be very afraid... : Re: Be very afraid... Server Time
29 Sep 2024 05:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Be very afraid...
From: nemesis
Date: 24 Sep 2009 08:03:26
Message: <4abb600e@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:

>>> And yet, in all known editors, moving triangle corners around one at
>>> a time is the only available editing operation...
>>
>> You have your head in the 80's.  Do you ever click on the links I
>> provide?
>
> Really?
>
> Everybody says that Wings3D is the best editor going, but all it does is
> manipulate triangle meshes, one point at a time. Last time I checked, it
> didn't exist in the 80s.

I'm used to Blender, not Wings, but I'm pretty sure they share the same
operations and that means extruding and controlling and selecting
friggin' amounts of vertices at the same time by mean of vertex loops
and rings.  Let alone by sculpting like in the link I provided.

Not knowing how to use such operations doesn't mean they don't exist.
Almost never I've had to move a single vertex alone.