POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Rebirth round open for voting : Re: Rebirth round open for voting Server Time
25 Apr 2024 01:57:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebirth round open for voting
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 23 Sep 2009 20:19:47
Message: <4ababb23$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 02:12:29 +0200, clipka wrote:

> Jim Henderson schrieb:
>
>> *sigh*.  Apparently I'm not being precise enough, so let me try again.
>>
>> Anything trivial that most everyone has done.
>>
>> Better?  Are you getting what I'm trying to say here?
>
> No, actually not :-)

OK, I'll try again.

Take something that anybody can do.  And that many/most people have
done.  Like making Chex Mix.  You take a bunch of pre-fabricated things
and throw them into a bowl.  Done.  Doesn't take a lot of time, doesn't
take a lot of imagination, and doesn't take a lot of effort.

It doesn't take a lot of brains or "figuring stuff out" to do.  It's
easy, almost trivial.  But of equal importance, it's not inherently
obvious to the audience, at least not until it's demonstrated.

Now, you refer to the Columbus Egg story - but actually, that's not
related to technical merit, but to creativity.  That was a creative
solution to the problem, but that doesn't have anything to do with the
fact that it technically is simple.

Columbus and his egg would rate highly on the creativity scale, but not
on the technical merit scale.

Jim