POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Steampunk? : Re: Steampunk? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 02:44:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Steampunk?
From: Tek
Date: 2 Sep 2009 16:04:40
Message: <4a9ecfd8$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote in message

> Prescription of a certain style would be ok as well IMO.

To be honest I'd probably be complaining if it was just "steampunk".

As Warp said, it's possible to do a "meta" topic for the image. But even
then I think it's too restricting. Steampunk just isn't a term that's open
to interpretation. You either render a scene in that style, or a scene
reflecting/mocking the steampunk sub-culture, or a stupid pun on "steam" and
"punk". I realise I'm being cynical but I honestly can't see any other
interpretation and none of those motivate me.

Still, I can see my opinion is not shared by most here, so I'll skip this
topic and wish you all luck with your entries. Perhaps when I see the
finished images I'll change my mind!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com