POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 05:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 2 Sep 2009 09:36:23
Message: <4a9e74d7@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>> I don't know how many more ways I can say it. In a democracy, the
>> "you" that judges each attempted infringement is the group doing the
>> infringing. Do you not see a problem with that?
>
> That's slightly disingenuous.  The group doing the infringing overlaps
> the group that judges each attempt, but they're not necessarily the same
> (nor are they necessarily distinct).
>
> The group doing the judging, of course, would be the active voters, who
> may or may not be the same as the group that benefits from any specific
> legislation.

OK, I'll re-word it:
In a pure Democracy, The group doing the judging will act in its
majority's *perceived* best interest. Identical meaning to my first
(scratch that -- several) descriptions of the situation.

Admittedly, there are a *few* exceptions. Occasionally one hen manages
to cajole two foxes into sparing her life -- for a day. Other times, the
majority will help one minority, if this can be done with no perceived
cost to themselves, at the expense of another.

  -Shay