POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 07:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 1 Sep 2009 17:19:17
Message: <4a9d8fd5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Shay wrote:
>> Do you not see a problem with that?
>
> Of course I do.

Then that answers the question of why we can't "have to look at each
attempted infringement and decide if it's sufficiently worthwhile to
make people pay for it" or, as Chambers put it, "just say that, in some
instances, the rights of the many outweigh the rights of the few."

> I don't see a *solution* with that, other than common
> sense.

The best solution is to have a Constitution and an entire branch of
government whose purpose is to ensure that he power of the majority
stays within the bounds of that Constitution. ==> Check!

That solution is imperfect, however, because the public will allow
(encourage) our government to ignore its founding documents. The
ultimate solution is that those too often in the minority take up arms
or vote with their feet. ==> Not yet, I hope!

The intermediate solution is to educate the electorate on why (besides
being a bunch of meanies who don't want us to have stuff) the founding
fathers chose to limit the power of the majority. ==> Fail!

  -Shay