POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:21:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 1 Sep 2009 09:46:14
Message: <4a9d25a6$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

>> """
>> A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can
>> only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves
>> largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority
>> always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the
>> public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over
>> loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average
>> age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.
>>  -Alexander Tytler (unverified)
>
> I guess the US is ripe for destruction then.  Good luck in the new world
> order.

How long do you think we can continue to borrow from the future?

> Oh, by the way... what's the age of the United Kingdom?

The government or the title?
As a democracy?
As a "great civilization"?

Questions for a historian, I suppose. And subjective even then.

I'm more interested what position you would take on *my* words. What
protection would you give to the few when the many are "just say(ing)"
that their own rights rights outweigh those of the few? How would you
protect those protections against the next occurrence of "just say(ing)"?

  -Shay