POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:22:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Chambers
Date: 1 Sep 2009 02:51:35
Message: <4a9cc477$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> I heard or read somewhere, that the best advice for someone without
> insurance was to ask the management at a doctors office what they would
> charge if you paid in cash, up front. Most doctors don't even know what
> the office charges, but management knows what it costs to go through
> stacks of paperwork.
>
> Did that for an eye exam last year, after they quoted me the price they
> would gladly bill my insurance, paid something like $50 for the whole
> work up.

I'm glad that worked for you.  If I find myself without coverage again,
I'll remember that.

My father in law works for Safeco, so I've heard some real horror
stories about people's lives being ruined by medical bills that were
denied coverage.

I know those instances aren't the norm, but they happen far too often to
be acceptable.

...Chambers