POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 30 Aug 2009 20:46:45
Message: <4a9b1d75$1@news.povray.org>
On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 17:01:35 -0400, Jim Charter wrote:

>  To be honest many of
> my personal stories of excessive costs seem to point directly at the
> physician.*

Oh, sure - part of that comes from the physician's sponsorship by the
drug companies.  I lucked out and found a very *good* allergist who
doesn't believe in just alleviating the symptoms (though I do take a
couple of drugs to alleviate symptoms from my allergies) but also getting
at addressing the root cause.

The thing that impressed me about him was that he took me off Advair (for
asthma) when it became apparent that it wasn't necessary or having a
significant effect - he's given me an albuterol inhaler for emergencies,
which I've used maybe 3 times (and had to have replaced because it
expired).  He's very much into not prescribing things that aren't
necessary - as opposed to my PCP, who handed me a bunch of samples and
said "try these".  Needless to say, I've switched PCPs.

Jim