POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 29 Aug 2009 11:25:52
Message: <4a994880$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:

>> The majority believe that any exercise of power which results in the
>> majority's benefiting is good.
>
> If all men are equal, then I don't see how you can escape that conclusion.

What if the young decide to unburden themselves of the elderly? or the
mentally handicapped?

What if a family of ten needs your house more than you do?

> A hot dog isn't impinging on your rights.  Your desire to offer services
> to the public carries with it certain responsibilities, including
> offering access to everyone.

Good thing you don't believe in private property, it's a mighty
inconvenient concept.

> That same hot dog, to use your imagery, would require you to install a
> wheel-chair ramp to your door, and a braille sign out front.  I don't
> see you complaining about those requirements, though.

I'm more surprised to not see you complaining. The disabled are a mights
small minority.

> To clarify: limited government set up for the benefit of the ordinary
> citizens.  You're arguing against that last part.

A government needs power to be "set up" for anyone. The more we move
towards totalitarianism, the more power the government has to benefit
their cronies.

  -Shay