POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:28:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 29 Aug 2009 01:17:55
Message: <4a98ba03$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> So, you believe that Government is inherently evil and that, given the
> opportunity, those in power will take every chance they get to screw you
> in every conceivable fashion just to piss you off?

People are inherently "evil." The majority believe that any exercise of
power which results in the majority's benefiting is good. The majority
do not believe in guaranteed rights for minorities. If you are a member
of a minority (we all are), then that *should* scare the Hell out of you.

> Sorry, but I don't believe that.  Government is no more evil than
> Corporations or Individuals.

Only much more powerful.

> And your cynicism isn't going to stop me from casting my vote to shape
> Government into a powerful force for good.  I'm aware that I'll never
> entirely succeed, but that doesn't mean I can't witness occasional
> victories, does it?

Cynicism? Look at how popular smoking bans in restaurants are. If I own
   a house, I can allow my guests to smoke in it, but if I sell hot dogs
at my house, I cannot, because YOU might want a hot dog. That's all the
justification it takes to impinge upon my property rights. A hot dog.

I shudder to think what will someone do to my rights over a toothache.

> If you honestly believe Government is so evil, you should put your money
> where your mouth is and live on a boat in international waters.

Or, support the idea upon which this country was founded: limited
government.

  -Shay