POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 15:26:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 28 Aug 2009 22:29:21
Message: <4a989281$1@news.povray.org>
Stephen wrote:

> Good to hear from you again. The oil industry is not one for ever especially if
> you don't like the responsibility of telling people what to do. I used to carry
> my own tools ;)

Thanks.

"No, when I go to sea, I go as a simple sailor, right before the mast,
plumb down into the forecastle, aloft there to the royal mast-head.
True, they rather order me about some, and make me jump from spar to
spar, like a grasshopper in a May meadow. And at first, this sort of
thing is unpleasant enough. It touches one's sense of honor,
particularly if you come of an old established family in the land, the
van Rensselaers, or Randolphs, or Hardicanutes. And more than all, if
just previous to putting your hand into the tar-pot, you have been
lording it as a country schoolmaster, making the tallest boys stand in
awe of you. The transition is a keen one, I assure you, from the
schoolmaster to a sailor, and requires a strong decoction of Seneca and
the Stoics to enable you to grin and bear it. But even this wears off in
time." -Melville

> I hope that your future business does well but if you don't have much experience
> in catering it might be a good idea to get a job in it first. (My brother-in-law
> is a chef and he tells some horror stories about owners full of good intentions
> but no experience. It is a business after all and you should make money ;)

Wife's got 16 years experience. She would run the coffee shop; I'd hold
the purse. :) And though it should indeed make money, it wouldn't *have*
to. I'm not counting on it for my livelihood.

> Anyway report back in November and start posting some of your images when you
> can.

No more images from me, though I have been piddling around with some
re-renders. I'll post any if they're fresh enough to be interesting to
those who have seen the originals.

  -Shay