POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 09:19:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 27 Aug 2009 20:25:06
Message: <4a9723e2$1@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 19:22:23 -0500, Shay wrote:

> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>> On 08/27/09 13:15, Shay wrote:
>>> And I know a dozen who have been laid off. The numbers are the
>>> numbers, our individual anecdotes are nearly worthless.
>>
>>     In which case, we should be discussing the numbers related to
>>     health
>> care in the US vs other industrialized countries.
>
> So discuss them. What have you got?
>

>>> My being forced to pay for your healthcare isn't competition or the
>>> free market, it's the tyranny of the majority, the specific threat our
>>> Constitution was authored to protect us from. This is why, beyond a
>>> few
>>
>>     The same argument can be applied to libraries, police and fire
>> departments. How do you feel about those?
>>

> Not federal!!!!!! What federal money that does go into the library
> system should not.
>
> That's it! I'm willing to discuss, but pointing out *obvious*
> distinctions between the Post Office, Fire Department, etc. and Public
> Medicine to the ignorant is over. This could go on forever. Learn how
> the country is designed to work before making political decisions,
> please.

Doctors who receive their licenses in the US are licensed to practice in
the US.  It's interstate commerce, something the federal government is
mandated by the constitution to regulate.  Doctors are routinely flown in
across state lines to perform operations.

Medical equipment isn't manufactured in every state; that MRI machine may
have been manufactured anywhere in the US (or the world, for that matter).

Jim