POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 07:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 27 Aug 2009 18:55:47
Message: <4a970ef3$1@news.povray.org>
On 08/27/09 17:06, Shay wrote:
>> You think it's reasonable to just let them die?
>
> If we're in a lifeboat made for six that is already carrying ten, then yes.
>
> Some people are going to be allowed to die. This decision can be made by
> some "medical moralist" employed by the government or by a patient's
> having participated or not (by his patronage) in the
> construction/support of the healthcare system.

	False dichotomy. The two are not exclusive. And I'd rather put that
choice in the hands of the government with oversight than at the hands
of an employee at an insurance company with no transparency.

>> If you pay insurance premiums, you pay for other people's health care
>> NOW. I really wish the right would stop saying that what we have is
>> "the best in the world" and BS like that.
>
> Insurance premiums are VOLUNTARY.

	As is, you know, going to a store and buying food.

--
I am reading a very interesting book about anti-gravity. I just can't
put it down.