POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Healthcare : Re: Healthcare Server Time
29 Sep 2024 05:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Healthcare
From: Shay
Date: 27 Aug 2009 18:48:07
Message: <4a970d27$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Henderson wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 17:22:38 -0500, Shay wrote:
>
>> Amendment or no, it's wrong.
>
> Hmm, so much for "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness".  Scratch
> off "life", scratch of "liberty" (thanks to the PATRIOT act).  How shall
> we squash the pursuit of happiness?
>
> How about "all men are created equal"?  Except for something as important
> as health care.  If they can't pay for it, screw 'em.  Nice compassion
> there.

You mean all Americans, don't you? Or would you actually like to extend
health care benefits outside our borders? If they were born 6" on the
wrong side of this imaginary line, screm 'em. Nice compassion there.

The Constitution says that we are born with the right to pursue
happiness, not the that government must pave the road to it.

> The rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness are defined in
> the Declaration of Independence as being among the "inalienable rights".

So, these rights are inalienable to the old and demented? Oh wait, I
forgot, the old and demented will not be excluded because we're
"building a bigger boat."

The entity wanting to take over health care is 12 Trillion in debt, but
we'll just print more money, right?

Even if I gave you that publicizing health care would make it better, we
still would only have achieved this by stealing from the next
generation. What about the next generation's right to "life."

  -Shay