POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 11:21:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Invisible
Date: 14 Jul 2009 05:39:53
Message: <4a5c5269@news.povray.org>

>>> No, not just for students. Basically any non-commercial usage.
>>
>> That would be a rather drastic licensing difference... Can you quote a
>> source for this?
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/suites/HA101655301033.aspx
>
> "Are there license restrictions to Office Home and Student 2007?
>
> Yes. Office Home and Student 2007 is licensed only for noncommercial use
> by households. It cannot be used in commercial (business) situations."

...but no mention of you having to actually *be* a student...

Oh, I see. It's actually called "Home and Student Edition". Interesting.
When my mum tried to buy this, it was "Student Edition" and you actually
had to provide proof of enrolement, etc. Apparently they've changed
their policy...

Well, I guess at least I can say I've learned something today.