POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:28:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Chambers
Date: 13 Jul 2009 21:43:18
Message: <4a5be2b6@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
>>>   Not as right as Nintendo, though, as Wii is selling almost as much as
>>> Xbox 360 and PS3 combined...
>>
>> Yes, to a completely different group of people.
>
> That's the genius of it, see?

 From a business point of view, yes.  I thought you didn't like big
business, though? :)

What I really get annoyed at is people claiming things like, "the Wii
will completely change video games."  Not for ME it won't.  I'm probably
never going to buy a Wii, or its successor unless it can handle more
hardcore video games better, and I don't want my games dumbed down for
the Wii audience to sell more units.

There's already enough of that in games, what with things like slow
movement, auto aiming, health regeneration, et cetera.

--
Chambers