POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:26:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: Warp
Date: 10 Jul 2009 16:28:30
Message: <4a57a46e@news.povray.org>
nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >   I suppose Nintendo learned its lesson and instead of trying to copy
> > others' controller designs, they created their own for the Wii. It seems
> > to have been a success.

> Hmm, it seems you got it wrong:  Nintendo is a trend setter, not the
> contrary.  They were the ones to come up with the d-pad, 4 buttons,
> shoulder buttons, analog stick and, now, motion sensing controller.  The
> others follow suit.  That said, I wish their games had evolved too.

  I was talking about the GameCube controller, which was quite clearly
trying to copy the idea from the DualShock controller.

  Speaking of controllers, I own this one (for the PC):
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/gamepads/devices/264&cl=US,EN

  It's the most comfortable controller I have ever tried. It's also sturdy,
balanced and ergonomic. It feels quite good for games designed to be played
with a game controller.

  (Its only drawback is that it uses some special force feedback technology,
as it AFAIK has *two* motors inside, and there seems to often be compatiblity
issues with many games, meaning that force feedback just doesn't work with
many games no matter what you try to do. Well, it's only a minor issue.)

--
                                                          - Warp