POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Processing power is not always what sells, it seems : Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems Server Time
29 Sep 2024 13:23:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Processing power is not always what sells, it seems
From: nemesis
Date: 10 Jul 2009 16:06:38
Message: <4a579f4e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp escreveu:
> nemesis <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> I also have to say part of the success for the Nintendo brand again is
>> the same reason for its demise during 2 generations:  its loyal fans
>> during the NES and SNES grew older during the N64 and GC, had to get a
>> work, house, marriage and are now back to gaming, thanks to their kids.
>
>   I have heard that many people complained about the N64 and GC controllers,
> and that *might* be at least partially responsible for the lesser popularity
> of those two consoles. If you look at those controllers, they look quite
> painful to use:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:N64_controller.jpg

Low sales because of controller?!  First time I hear it.

I had a N64 from day 1.  The controller was very comfortable.  The
analog stick is also a lot more precise than both analogs from the
dual-shock.  I heard people saying the same from GC, but then, those are
Nintendoids without hope.

What really spell FAIL to me was the too few games.  That I can see
hurting sales of the platform overall.

>   I suppose Nintendo learned its lesson and instead of trying to copy
> others' controller designs, they created their own for the Wii. It seems
> to have been a success.

Hmm, it seems you got it wrong:  Nintendo is a trend setter, not the
contrary.  They were the ones to come up with the d-pad, 4 buttons,
shoulder buttons, analog stick and, now, motion sensing controller.  The
others follow suit.  That said, I wish their games had evolved too.

--
a game sig: http://tinyurl.com/d3rxz9